Author

My photo
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
We (my wife and I) are celebrating the 11th Anniversary of HAPLR, and more importantly, our 38th Anniversary. The HAPLR system uses data provided by 9,000 public libraries in the United States to create comparative rankings. The comparisons are in broad population categories. HAPLR provides a comparative rating system that librarians, trustees and the public can use to improve and extend library services. I am the director of Waukesha County Federated Library System.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yes or No? lj

Three weeks ago I asked: “Will LJ publish the results for libraries for the many other libraries besides San Diego County that reported obviously erroneous data?”

I also asked if they would object if someone else did.

Having heard nothing, I assume the answer is no to the first question and yes to the second.

So much for transparency.

How many libraries got stars because LJ used erroneous outlier data? How many were denied them?

I am pretty sure we will hear no response to these questions either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive